What is ‘Sport Premium’?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Eduction (PE) and Sport, often referred to as ‘Sport Premium’. This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
We are proud of the current PE provision at our school and the extra-curricular opportunities that we provide for our pupils.
Use of Primary School Sports Funding at Lakeside Primary School:
The government has provided ring fenced funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools. The money has provided by the Departments of Health, Education and Culture, Media and Sport.
At Lakeside Primary School, we aim to:
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Increase opportunities for extra-curricular activities
- Increase opportunities for competition
- Improve activity levels
- Improve subject knowledge in primary PE
- Increase expectations
- Develop assessment of skills
- Increase children’s physical activity time
- Achieving the balance - participation v performance
- To meet the Sports Premium criteria
How will we meet our aims?
- Specialist coaches will be brought in for areas of the curriculum which will be identified in consultation with parents, teachers and pupils to meet the needs the PE curriculum.
- Resources will be purchased to help implement the new areas of the PE curriculum.
- A specific area on the school’s website dedicated to pupil led reports about the schools sporting activities.
- A review of the school’s vision statement to include reference to physical well-being.
- To consult with pupils, parents and staff regarding their opinion on the direction of Physical Education at Lakeside Primary School.
- Intra school (House) competitions will be introduced across the school to increase exposure to competitive sport. Inter school opportunities will be more closely monitored.
Information regarding P.E. and School Sports Funding is found below
Cheltenham and North Tewkesbury School Sport Network:
Part of our ‘Sport Premium’ funding will be used to fund our Cluster Schools Sports Network – Cheltenham and North Tewkesbury School Sport Network (SSN). The SSN created a proposal for schools which has created a beneficial and sustainable structure to help improve PE and sport in primary schools.
Through this membership we receive:
- Curriculum support
- Specialist coaching and teaching support
- Access to a designated School Sport Co-ordinator
- CPD opportunities for staff members
- Provision for our Gifted and Talented pupils
- Provision to engage the less active
PE Sports Premium Funding 2014 2015